he Seagate Savvio 15K.3 drive enables OEMs to build solutions that help data centers process more transactions within a given time frame and meet IT service level agreements. This helps companies increase revenue generation, improve customer satisfaction and complete critical business processes faster while keeping data safe. It also provides the performance benefits needed to entice customers to migrate from legacy, 3.5-inch drives to higher-performing 2.5-inch drives.
Key Features and Benefits
- Doubles Tier 1 data storage capacity (up to 300 GB);
- Provides up to 21% improvement in sequential data read/write performance over prior generation
- Delivers up to 3% faster random read and up to 4% faster random write performance vs. prior generation, and up to 10% faster random read and up to 8% faster random write performance vs. legacy 3.5-inch 15K drives;
- Improves scalability and reliability with 6Gb/s SAS interface support;
- Supports Protection Information (PI) to help ensure data is not changed from what the user created