Kaspersky Security for Virtualization
Kaspersky Security for Virtualization â€“ built for the unique requirements of virtualised IT environments â€“ delivers award-winning anti-malware protection for virtualised servers, desktops and data centres.
Kaspersky Security for Virtualization is an agentless anti-malware solution that provides a more efficient way to protect your virtualised infrastructure â€“ with greater performance and less impact on virtualisation density. The application is easy to deploy and includes advanced management features that simplify a wide range of security tasks â€“ across both physical and virtual computing assets.
With Kaspersky Security for Virtualization, you can benefit from superior protection â€“ for all of your virtual machines â€“ while also improving your system utilisation rates, reducing the burden on your IT administration and security personnelâ€¦ and increasing your overall return on investment (ROI).
Kasperskyâ€™s award-winning anti-malware engine achieves superior detection rates â€“ to help protect your physical and virtualised computing environment from new and increasingly sophisticated threats.
Easy to manage
Kaspersky Security Center â€“ which is available at no additional cost â€“ gives your IT team a single, unified management console that can manage the security of virtual machines, physical machines and mobile devices.
Supporting business progress
By making it easier for your team to manage hybrid environments â€“ including virtualised and conventional platforms â€“ Kaspersky Security for Virtualization helps you to introduce virtualisation at a pace thatâ€™s right for your business.
Improved return on investment (ROI)
Because Kaspersky Security for Virtualization is an agentless solution, it helps businesses to achieve higher virtualisation density and performance â€“ helping to generate a higher return on investment.
Superior security for virtualised environments
Kaspersky Security for Virtualization has been specifically developed for virtualised IT infrastructure:
- A single, centralised anti-malware solution can protect all virtual machines on a physical server;
- Kasperskyâ€™s industry-leading frequency of anti-malware updates helps to minimise vulnerability and protect against new threats;
- Powerful remediation capabilities disinfect malware;
- The solution provides agentless protection for virtual machines that run on a wide range of Windows operating systems.
Reducing costs â€“ by simplifying administration
Advanced management features help to simplify administration tasks and eliminate security gaps:
- Instead of having to install and manage protection on every virtual machine, a single instance of Kaspersky Security for Virtualization can protect all virtual machines on a physical server;
- Physical and virtual endpoints are discovered dynamically;
- New virtual machines are automatically provided with anti-malware protection â€“ to help eliminate security gaps and misconfigurations;
- Administrators can adapt security settings to suit different applications and workloads.
Many of the traditional, agent-based anti-malware products are not well suited to virtualised environments. Virtualisation is all about maximising the utilisation rates for the IT infrastructure â€“ in order to maximise return on investment. However, many agent-based anti-malware products require the antivirus software and signature database to be installed on every virtual machineâ€¦ which partly defeats the object of virtualisation.
- Duplication of antivirus software and signature database â€“ for every virtual machine â€“ reduces virtualisation density and reduces return on investment (ROI);
- Duplication of file scanning of the base-line image â€“ reduces overall system performance;
- When a dormant virtual machine is activated, it may have an out-of-date signature database or un-patched vulnerabilities;
- â€˜Scanning Stormsâ€™ â€“ whereby multiple virtual machines are simultaneously running scans â€“ can adversely affect the performance of the host machineâ€¦ or even cause a crash;
- â€˜Update Stormsâ€™ â€“ whereby multiple virtual machines simultaneously download antivirus updates â€“ can adversely affect the performance of the host machineâ€¦ or cause it to crash.
Kasperskyâ€™s agentless solution
Because Kaspersky Security for Virtualization is an agentless anti-malware solution, it only has to be installed once on a physical serverâ€¦ in order to protect all virtual machines on that server.
- Higher density virtualisation â€“ as there is no duplication of antivirus software and signature database;
- Improved performance â€“ from higher efficiency scanning;
- Automatic protection for newly configured virtual machines and dormant virtual machines that are activated;
- All updates of the anti-malware engine and signature database only need to be performed once per physical server â€“ not once per virtual machineâ€¦ so â€˜Update Stormsâ€™ are eliminated;
- Intelligent, load-balancing mechanisms help to guard against overload and limit the number of concurrent scansâ€¦ so â€˜Scanning Stormsâ€™ are prevented.
Applications inside Kaspersky Security for Virtualization
- Kaspersky Security for Virtualization;
- Kaspersky Security Center.