The Cisco 880G and 890G Series 4G LTE 2.0 Integrated Services Routers with Cisco IOS Software offer support for integrated fourth-generation (4G LTE) wireless WAN (mobile broadband backhaul) and cutting-edge capabilities. The Cisco 880G and 890G Series ISRs provide a rapidly deployable, highly available, reliable, and secure solution designed to combine Internet access, comprehensive security, and wireless services in a single device that is easy to deploy and manage for primary or backup connectivity. Customers that would benefit from these routers include small businesses, remote small or medium-sized or power branches, financial services firms, healthcare organizations, pop-up stores, point-of-sale systems, and retail businesses. Fully integrated with Cisco IOS Software, the Cisco 880G and 890G routers deliver enterprise-class features, including highly secure data, voice, and video communications to stationary and mobile network nodes across wired and wireless links. The best-in-class Cisco 880G and 890G Series architecture is specifically designed to deliver high performance with concurrent services, business continuity, and investment protection. The Cisco 880G and 890G 4G LTE 2.0 series are the industry leader to bring enterprise grade wireline like functionality such as Quality of Service (QoS) for cellular, Multi-Virtual Route Forwarding (Multi-VRF), advanced VPN, and Unified Communications solutions over LTE.
The Cisco 880G and 890G Series LTE 2.0 routers also provide the ability to extend Cisco product-based networks to remote power branch offices with a relatively low incremental investment, as well as to enable managed services offerings based on end-to-end Cisco system architecture.
The Cisco 880G and 890G Series 4G LTE 2.0 ISRs are fixed-configuration routers that provide collaborative business solutions for secure voice and data communications to enterprise small branch offices, with support for the latest Third-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Release 9 standards for 4G LTE. They provide persistent, reliable LTE connectivity with fallback and transparent handoff to earlier technologies. The routers are designed to deliver secure broadband, Metro Ethernet or any xDSL variants, wireless WAN (WWAN) connectivity, and business continuity. They also come with powerful management tools, such as the web-based Cisco Configuration Professional configuration management tool, which simplifies setup and deployment.
- Cisco 4G LTE 2.0: Multimode LTE 2.0 for carriers that operate LTE 800-MHz (band 20), 900-MHz (band 8), 1800-MHz (band 3), 2100-MHz (band 1), or 2600-MHz (band 7) networks; the multimode 880G and 890G Series 4G LTE 2.0 routers are backward-compatible with Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service (UMTS) and High-Speed Packet Access Plus (HSPA+): 850 MHz (band 5) , 900 MHz (band 8), 1900 MHz (band 2), and 2100 MHz (band 1)
- C899G-LTE-NA-K9: Multimode Cisco LTE 2.0 for carriers that operate LTE 700 MHz (band 17), 1900 MHz (band 2 PCS), 850 MHz (band 5) or 1700/2100 MHz (band 4 AWS) networks; backward-compatible with UMTS and HSPA+: 850 MHz (band 5), 900 MHz (band 8), 1900 MHz (band 2 PCS), and 1700/2100 MHz (band 4 AWS).
- C899G-LTE-VZ-K9 and C899G-LTE-ST-K9: Multimode Cisco LTE 2.0 for carriers that operate LTE 700 MHz (band 13), 1700/2100 MHz (band 4 AWS), or 1900 MHz (band 25 extended PCS) networks; backward-compatible with EVDO Rev A/CDMA 1x BC0, BC1, BC10.
- C899G-LTE-JP-K9: Multimode Cisco LTE 2.0 for carriers that operate LTE 800 MHz (band 19), 1500 MHz (band 21), and 2100 MHz (band 1) networks; backward-compatible with UMTS and HSPA+: 850 MHz (band 5), 800 MHz (band 6), 800 MHz (band 19), and 2100 MHz (band 1).
The Cisco 880G and 890G Series 4G LTE 2.0 ISRs provide a broad range of enterprise-class features, including:
- Security services, such as firewall, intrusion prevention, VPN, and Cisco ISR Web Security with Cisco ScanSafe, which require no additional hardware or client software, This enables branch offices, manufacturing sites, hospitals, banks, and mobile fleets, for example, to intelligently redirect web traffic to the cloud to enforce granular security and acceptable use policies over user web traffic. With this solution, you can deploy market-leading web security quickly and easily to protect branch-office users from web-based threats, such as viruses, while saving bandwidth, money, and resources.
- Cisco WAN optimization system, consisting of Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS) Express routers and Wide-Area Application Engines (WAEs) that work together to optimize TCP traffic in your network. When client and server applications attempt to communicate with each other, the network intercepts the traffic and acts on behalf of the client application and the destination server.
- Additional WAN options, such as Gigabit Ethernet WAN interfaces and an 8-port 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet managed switch for LAN connectivity. The Cisco 880G and 890G Series ISRs provide quality-of-service (QoS) features for optimizing voice and video applications.
- Cisco Configuration Professional, a web-based configuration tool that simplifies setup and deployment. Centralized management capabilities give network managers visibility into and control over the network configurations at remote sites.
- WWAN services, offering enhanced data rates and improved latency (30 ms or less)